Still looking for more? You may find the following resources across the web useful on your journey to financial freedom. From resources for student loans and veterans to information on each of the credit bureaus, the selected links are trusted sources of information.
Student Loan Resources
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau—Know Your Options Tool Understand your options for financing your college education.
- Department of Education Repayment Estimator Determine which repayment option is best for you using the federal student loans repayment estimator.
- FinAid Loan Calculator Estimate your monthly student loan payments.
- Department of Education, Federal Student Aid Learn about cancellation, forgiveness or discharge of federal student loans.
- Department of Education, Find my Loan Servicer Contact your loan servicer to learn more about student loan repayment plans.
Governmental Agencies and Consumer Protection
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act Debt collections FAQs, procedures, and guidelines.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Guidelines for credit reporting and disputing credit information.
- Federal Trade Commission Contact the FTC for questions about credit, ID Theft, or deceptive debt collections practices.
- FTC Report Identity Theft Report ID Theft to the Federal Trade Commission.
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act Report any acts of discrimination in lending practices to the Department of Justice
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act Learn about FACT Act and how it works to protect your credit history.
- Fannie Mae – financial products and services that make it possible for low to middle income families to buy a home of their own
- Freddie Mac – organization working to stabilize mortgage markets and expand home ownership opportunities
- US Department of Housing & Urban Development Locate a HUD Housing Counselor to help with first-time homebuyer education or housing counseling.
- USDA Rural Home Loan Program Eligibility requirements for the USDA home loan program.
- Veterans Home Loan Program Learn how the VA Home Loan helps service members obtain homeownership.
Free Materials / PDF Materials
- Practical Money Guide: Budgeting Basics Learn to create and maintain a budget.
- Credit Card Basics Learn to manage your credit cards and minimize debts.
- Credit History Learn what is used in your credit history and how it can affect you.
- Identity Theft Tips on protecting your identity and your finances.
- Prepaid Cards How prepaid cards work and how they can benefit cardholders.
Medical & Health Insurance
- Medicare Information about the federal health insurance program for people 65 or older.
- Medicaid Federal and state program that helps medical costs for individuals with low incomes or limited resources.
- Social Security Administration Provides information and links to Social Security’s online services.